Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fixed Fight 4

This past Saturday, April 24th, marked the 4th running of St. Petersburg's Fixed Fight Alley Cat Race. Since I missed out on the Frankencorn, I was hell bent on giving this event a try. Fixed Fight 3 was the first race I'd ever attended (as a spectator) so I thought it would be awesome to make Fixed Fight 4 my first race. True to form, Todd over at Horroh put on a great event. Local sponsors Give and Take and 66Fixed along with many others gave some awesome prizes and support. Tampa's Pete Young finished first in around 45 minutes.

This being my first race I decided rather than go with the foolish ambition of being "in it to win it" I would just be "in it" My thanks to Eric and Brad for letting me follow most of the way. I finished 40th out of the approx. 175 entrants and had the time of my life doing it. It was a really great event with tons of positive vibes and I can totally say I'm hooked. To get 200+ people in the same place laughing and smiling and enjoying ANYTHING together is a feat in itself. Thanks to everyone for the good times.

Photo courtesy of: Cobrabyte

No comments: